Monday 16 April 2012

MCPG Conference

Went to Morrisburg,Ontario on the weekend to help out at the Morrisburg Polymer Clay Gathering conference.http://mpcg2009.blogspot.ca/  I was invited by my friend Liz.  Her mother , Margi McInnis Laurin , ( who is an amazing artist and I admire with every fibre of my being )http://margilaurin.ca/Site/Welcome.html along with Violette Laporte are the organizers of this event.  Unfortunately this year Violette could not make it , yet , through technology she attended and even taught via skype on an iPad!

Liz and I  were helpers but before I knew it I was asking questions , borrowing tools, rolling canes....  My brain went on overdrive with all the possibilities, that this medium could offer. It will most definitely be a part of my creations in the future.

Margi working on her mobile
Margi's mobile won 1st prize at the OOAK show  in Toronto, Ontario.
This is work done by Adria http://claycave.blogspot.ca/ I bought the heart top row 4th from the left with the Monarch butterfly
Adria and Liz
Mother and daughter working together
Adria at happy hour ( wearing one of my flowers )
straightening wire for the mobile, and loving it!
Pat Ghadbane working hard , she taught how to make an Ikat Inclusion  Cane
this is Pat Ghadbane's work.  Amazing!
All these women are highly creative , motivated , and artistic. They came from Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, and even the States.  It was a pleasure and honor to meet them and learn from them.  All in all a very inspirational weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment