Friday 18 November 2011

Art & Soul



Art & Soul is an art consignment shop where you can find unique hand crafted items.  Located 1207 Wellington W, Ottawa ON, phone number is (613) 907-SOUL.  It's a family run business where you will be greeted with a great big smile by Pam or Gordon .  You might find someone playing guitar , or drums, or a palm reading in session.  A fun place to shop and remember a handmade object is one with soul .


At Art & Soul there may be a record playing on the record player or hanging from the ceiling :)
I brought in some pulse warmers for sale

some earrings too !

After visiting , I did some thrift store shopping and found :


A book called Welcome Home by Kaffe Fassett. It is a feast for the eyes,  teaming with inspiration and colour.  I was lucky enough to meet Kaffe when I took a knitting class by his partner Brendan Mably.
The second book is called The Zahir by Paulo Coelho, a novel of obsession. I read the Alchemist and loved it, so i believe this will be a treat to read.
A yummy smelling candle that that reminds me of watermelon tourmaline.  A jade bead bracelet, an amber chip necklace, that I will take apart and re purpose in one of my creations.  And a tiny sake cup for holding my beads,  I just love the glaze on it .   All that for $6.00.
What a great evening :)

No comments:

Post a Comment